“The Good, the Bad and the Ugly“
The ideal post would be to do a ‘2020’ writing prompt since we made it out of that hell-hole, but we’re trying to move on from that nightmare. If the unpleasantness of the never-ending agony didn’t inspire you to write, I’m sure a few prompts reminding you of it, will not. Also, I think my last prompts were quarantine inspired. So, let’s look back on our lives; the good times, the weird times, the ugly times.
Definitely not gonna knock those who couldn’t find the time or the inspiration to write lately. It’s been a tough one. But take a look at this list of writing prompts, it might spark something inside. May even take you back to a simpler time in your life. It could be based on a true story, inspired by a true story, or my favorite exaggerated by true story. Don’t forget to change the names of the characters, don’t want you getting sued if your story blows up into a bestselling novel or a blockbuster movie.
Happy Writing, my friends.
10. Dream: The last dream you had, or the last that you remember. Or the wildest.
9. First Love: Unless you’re still with this person, I’d change the name lol. How’d you meet your first love?
8. Job: Co-worker, employee, boss, a customer… there’s a story somewhere involving your old work place (or your current one).
7. Family Reunion: To me, in my family, reunions are common…every few years or so… write a story about your favorite family gathering.
6. Road Trip: You ever run out of gas in the middle of Arizona with a dead phone because you forgot to fill up at the last station and left your charger back in California? No. Okay, me neither.
5. Vacation: Where do you want to go? Thinking it into existence is true-story enough for me, lol. We all need a break from this sh*tstain.
4. Field Trip: What’s the first field trip that you remember going on? Where’d you go? Did the world end while you were there? Did your teachers turn into blood-sucking animals and attack you all?
3. Scariest Moment: Self-explanatory.
2. Best Friend: You and your number 1 against the world. Don’t have a best friend? Make up one.
1. 2020: Okay, I had to. Lets make it a positive one. What’s the best thing that happened to you in 2020?
A lot of these are questions. Answer it by telling a story. Go forth and write something, my friends.